Official Contest Rules:
- 1. NO PURCHASE OF PAMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase will not increase an entrant’s chance of winning.
- 2. THIS CONTEST IN INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to “legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older and are physically located in the U.S. at the time of entry”. Employees of Texwood Shows and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- 3. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: 3. The Contest will begin at 10:00 a.m. (C.S.T.) on January 15, 2013 and end at 6:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on January 27, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. All Entries must be received by 6:00:00 p.m. January 27, 2013.
- 4. HOW TO ENTER/HOW TO REDEEM: During the Submission Period, you may enter by visiting the Sugar Land Home and Garden Show on January 26-27 and physically enter the drawing, signing up for the eNewsletter, liking Facebook.com/SugarLandHomeAndGardenShow, or following @SugarLandHGS on Twitter. One entry per submission type (no exceptions). The show registration form must be completely filled out to be eligible to win. You must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win. January 28, 2013 – The winner will be contacted and pick up of the Nest Thermostat will be arranged. Winner will also be announced on Facebook, Twitter and SugarLandHomeAndGarden.com.
- 5. WINNER SELECTION: On or about January 27, 2013, two winners will be randomly selected to win and two (2) individual participants will be selected in a random drawing and awarded one of two prizes. The Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Potential winners will be notified on or about January 27, 2013. The Individual Prize winner of the game room must be present to claim his or her prize. The school winner will be notified on or about January 27, 2013 via the telephone number, social media, email address and/or U.S. Mail address provided on the potential winner’s entry form.The Prizewinner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within five (5) business days of notice or attempted notice.To claim the Prize, the winner must personally visit The REFUGE Group’s offices at 4808 Gibson Street, Suite 210, Houston, TX 777007 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (C.S.T.) and 5 p.m. (C.S.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor will conduct up to 20 alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign any affidavit or release required by Sponsor. If Grand Prize winner is a minor, then his/her guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian. A legal guardian must provide written proof of guardianship.
- 7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation